Backend Engineer@dyrector.io | Szeged, Hungary
About the Job
As a Backend Software Engineer, you’ll take business requirements to help us build a world-class user experience. Collaborating with other members of the Frontend and Design Team, you’ll gather requirements and implement the back-end infrastructure of new features and updates to our existing platform. When bugs in the system pop up, you’re able to dig in, debug the issue, and find a resolution that solves the root cause - and doesn’t create new ones! Whether it’s overcoming a technical hurdle or finding a solution that helps users, your passion for solving problems will help you be successful in this role.
- 5+ years of back-end development experience
- experience and familiarity with Golang and Typescript
- Unit Testing & TDD
- Integrating with 3rd party services
- Architecting solutions based on requirements & making sound technical decisions without guidance
- Writing quality code that is easy to understand and scales well (with strong opinions on why it's important)
- Developing database structures optimized for performance and scalability
- Building “right-sized” solutions that balance current limitations to meet business needs
- Continuously looking for ways to improve technical abilities and platform infrastructure
- Deeply understanding how technical decisions may affect other teams/product
What we value
> Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
> Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
> Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
> Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
> The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at dyrector.io. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
> Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
About the work
You'll work with all the major cloud providers and on-prem solutions, while managing instances, services, and containers, along with their automation, orchestration, monitoring, and alert response. If you've ever wanted to work at a scale that few companies do, you'll find the right challenge here with us!
What we offer
> Flexible work hours to develop the release management tool not only developers love but even my grandma can easily use
> Free to pick when to work at the office or stay remote
> Being part of a team innovating how IT companies think about release management and software deployment
> Working with top-notch technologies (Golang, Kubernetes, Azure) on an every day basis
> Have a well-rounded approach to problem solving.
> Entertaining coffee breaks with tons of giggles
Apply for the job
Send us your CV via e-mail by clicking on the button below!